Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boot Repair Shop
 Login/Join

posted
I recently had a great experience with Dave Page Cobbler in Seattle, Washington. They specialize in resoling/refurbishing of quality hiking and mountaineering style boots. I sent two pairs of my Lowa hikers in for new Vibram soles, they arrived back in less than a month nearly good as new. In my experience the craftsmanship and professionalism of this shop is something from a bygone age.

Posts: 4 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 14 June 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
They have always had a great reputation and one of the few left I would trust with a pair of hiking boots. Glad it worked out for you. tu2

P.S. Lowa as recently reopened their repair shop. I've never used it so I have no idea how they compare cost wise.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2792 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
There are some very fine boot makers as well as repair shops here in Texas. I have had excellent service on my regular (western)boots but not so much on my Vasque, Vibram sole hikers. I have an old friend that is a retired saddle maker + as he has arthritis + Parkinson's he supplements his income going to the gun shows with a booth + sells belt held items, phone holsters, snuff can holders, etc.) A guy comes up to Leo's booth + asked about the price on one of his belt holders + Leo says $40.00 + the guy looks like he's going to have a cat, saying, that's way too high, etc. Leo doesn't say a word. The guy looks over the holder + sees it REALLY is quality work so he gives in + says $40.00 right?. Leo says, "No,45.00". The guy says that I thought you said $40.00! Leo said, I did but you didn't like $40.00 so now the price is $45.00. Pay it or get away from my booth. I told Leo thank you + can I use that some day myself!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin tu2

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Funny, when I read the title I thought you were looking for one and I was going to tell you to call David Page.

A bunch of years ago a few of the bobs pulled off the bottom of my Danners. I called Danner and they said, sorry, can’t fix them. I called David and he said “bring them in and let’s have a look.” I took them over and after he laughed at Danner for not repairing them, he said, “Gimme a minute.” He ran upstairs and came down with a perfect set of replacement Vibrams and said, “I’ll have them done by the end of the week.”

This was almost 20 years ago and they are still A-OK. Good, quality dude there...

one of us
posted Hide Post
One of the few advantages to living in Seattle.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I did take my Lowas to a local boot repair shop here in Idaho first, he did not want to work on my boots as he sticks more to the stitched-welt type of work [my opinion] He told me that the German manufacturer that makes Lowas had started using adhesives and materials that were designed to disintegrate 10 years after construction. Apparently some kind of eco-related reason... I'm not sure if that is true but the boot had been purchased aprox 12 years ago on a closeout, and I had just started wearing them a couple weeks when the sole started to come off!

I did see on Lowa's website that they were offering resoling, done in the factory in Germany. [maybe with the same planned-obsolescenct materials?] I remembered getting the recommendation some years back from Lowa for Dave Page, and it worked out well so am happy.

Posts: 4 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 14 June 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I have two pairs of Lowa's that are more than ten years old and still going strong and have been through a lot. Besides Dave would likely use the same materials as the manufacturer.

Sounds like a bit of internet heresay to me. animal

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2792 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whites Packers are the best hunting boot Ive used, and you can find a pair that look unrepairable, send them to White, and they come back like new, but it takes 20 years to wear a pair out!!

As for Cowboy boots, and thats about all I wear, I like Anderson Bean, and when returned with new soles look like new..They last well for the price. Texas has a lot of good boot repair shops..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote