New
Find
Notify
Tools

Modern bore sights
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
At 71 years things they be changing. I have many types but are harder for me to use. What is the easiest best bore site from 22lr to 500 Jeffery. There is less pep in my steps these days. A lot less range time in my future but would maximized my time for sure.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I've tried cartridge lasers and the old bushnell colminator style. I'll stick with the old bushnell type. they even sell a spud for shotguns.

Posts: 6348 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use a laser boresighter for my 12 ga. and 20ga. shotguns. I shoot skeet, so it is very easy to verify "regulation" with these.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At the shop we use the collimator and the muzzle style laser bore sighters. With either style I highly recommend checking calibration with rifles that are sighted in. If they aren't close send back and get another one. The laser style should be centered in the emitter head so that if you insert it in a rifle muzzle and rotate it the laser dot stays in one spot. If it orbits an axis send it back.

Posts: 3645 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We are currently using a WHEELER magnetic bore sighter.

It has a magnet, and attaches to the muzzle, throwing a green laser dot on the target.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I still like the collimator arrangements for setting up scopes as you can get the scope recticule parallel with the bore without fiddling with strings or door frames. I look at lasers as a way of getting the bullet on the paper at 25 yards where you can see where it's going and work from there but I haven't used it yet with these stupid stupid new primer & bullet prices so I may fine tune the process to cut down on the number of shots.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7753 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whatever type you use, just be sure to take it out of the barrel. We've had some rifles come into the shop needing work.