Find
Notify
Tools

Kaluban Cloak Kydex Holsters.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted
I have Raven holsters which I like but I don't care for the 6 month delivery time, I have had a Raven and double mag holder on order for a officers model 1911 since early Nov 2011 and still nothing yet. I did allot of reading up on the Kaluban Cloak and decided to give them a try. I ordered a Cloak with zero cant and and a double mag pouch for my Sig Scorpion 1911 and my Springfield XD 5.25 Competition. I ordered both holsters made to fit with a Surefire X-300 attached.

They arrived today, they are very well build. A quality holster made in the USA, very similar to the Revens. I ordered the Sig Scorpions in desert sand and the Springfields in haze grey. I like the color of both, the desert sand holster is made of a slightly thicker Kydex. The desert sand 1911 holster will not retain the handgun without the light attached, the light must be attached or it does not positively lock in place and the handgun moves freely. The Springfield XD 5.25 holster retains the handgun positively with ot without the light attached.

Both holster retain the handguns well with a positive retention click when seating the handgun firmly in the holster. The built in tension is perfect, both handguns can be skinned quickly from the holster with minimal effort, yet retention is strong enough to retain the handgun while running or any other physical movement. I held both holsters upside down with the handgun( Light attached ) and shook the hell out of them and the holsters retained perfectly.

Both holster fit very well on the belt and the slightly curved design keeps the handgun in close the the body for a very low carry signature. I like the extended Kydex body guard that protects your skin frm the top inside edge of the handgun or the hammer of the 1911 while packing it cocked and locked. Makes it a pleasure getting in and out of vehicles. Where most often than not the top edge of a handgun or 1911 hammer is constantly sticking me as is the case with my Galco quick slide. All and all I am very pleased with the quality and design of the Kaluban Claok. Delivery time was exactly 24 days from the time I placed my order and my card was not billed until the day they shipped. Delivery time is quicker on the more popular handguns, such as most Glock models. I expected it to take a little longer considering the handguns I was ordering for. Kaluban will get more of my business.

--------------------------------------------

Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Posts: 770 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote