Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes a good thermos?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
I wa given a couple of these Nissans as a gift. They came from Cabellas. BUT the stopper/lids are cheap and break essily.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Amazon.com

Posts: 388 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My first Nissan which is about 40 years old has had cup replaced The woman said "wow ,that's an old one ! ' Have a few new ones also. The newer ones have steel about half the thickness ! More easily dented but lighter. I think part of this is due to technology improvements and part to costs.
There is a mass consideration for these bottles a larger one holds heat better than a smaller one.

One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevastopol:
Hi. I have never seen/heard of Nissan thermos. I looked it up and they are made by a company called Thermos Nissan. Clicked on 'where to buy', but it didn't work. Could someone here suggest a store(s) where I might find these? I thank you very much in advance.

Try Amazon.com.

Thermos Company has made vacuum bottles for over 100 years, although the trademark has been declared generic. I used to work for its parent company in the 1980s. Later it was sold to an Asian company. The very best, meaning effective, models in my opinion are the old versions with glass vacuum innards. In my experience, the worst idea is to buy a camouflaged one -- I put one down on a duck hunt and it disappeared.

Zojirushi a rice cooker and small appliance maker based in Osaka, makes a pretty good line of vacuum bottles.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Amazon and Cabelas suggestions. Smiler

Posts: 201 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote