New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom shooting glasses
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have any recomendations for custom shooting glasses with a perscription in them?

Looking for a female shooter.

Greg

Posts: 187 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I'm also looking for a female shooter, although I think the glasses I've got are sufficient for the purpose. dancing

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wink,

Nice one there Big Grin

I meant to say that I am researching this for one of the female shooters that I shoot with.

Greg

Posts: 187 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got mine some years ago .There was a person who was a shooter at the local eyeglass place. Choices of color and darkness are made .Mine is light gray as I wanted no color distortions and just a bit of darkness to handle bright sun.The other point for shooters is that [for shotgun certainly] with head down on the stock you are looking through a corner of the lens [upper left portion ] rather than the center.This is not the same as a glass for pistol where you should [ !!] be looking through the lens center.It certainly helped that the man was a shooter. The glasses work very well.

One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
OAKLEY´s...

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
It depends entirely on what you're going to do with them. I use some glasses only for prone rifle, others for IPSC and still others for Bullseye or Service Rifle.

Some are prescription, some aren't depending on how well I can see a particular set of sights.

Decots are a fine choice to cover many bases.

Mark

"Greatness without Grace is mere Vanity" - Hank the Cowdog

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
The best ones I have seen are made by Hidefspex or Zeiss.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randolph Engineering "RE".....No inserts, glued-in Rx discs, etc. 100% "scrip" lenses...

...These are the glasses most worn by Clays shooters who need Rx corrections - the options for colors, gradients, bifocals are unlimited...

...Very comfortable to wear as well!

One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
I always wore Decot Hiwydes, even had some done with my Rx. Great glasses but were not as comfortable as I would have liked.
You say the RE's are more comfortable? Are they lighter in weight than the Decot?

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the weight, but the modern flex temples and better ear rests make me believe they will be more comfortable than the Hiwyds.

JW