THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PRODUCT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Computers, Hi-Tech & Product Reviews  Hop To Forums  Product Reviews    Classic Rifle Sling by New England Custom Guns w/ Review
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Rifle Sling by New England Custom Guns w/ Review
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I needed a nice sling for a couple of rifles, and nothing I could find at any sporting goods stores really fit what I was looking for. Most of them were either really cheap nylon straps with neoprene pads, or cowboyed up leather slings with a huge manufacturers logo on it. I was interested in something high quality, utilitarian, and classy, so I decided to try the Classic Rifle Sling from New England Custom Guns a try.

Here's what I ordered: http://www.newenglandcustomgun...G&Product_Code=A-120

Here's what I got...

Seems nicely made. The leather is well sewn and of high quality, and the canvas seems to be high quality. As a bonus, the leather makes the sling smell like a Dominatrix.

The canvas has two strips of rubber woven into it. This prevents the adjustment from slipping, as well as keeping the sling from slipping on your shoulder. Nicely done.

The sling attaches with a loop of leather which is held with a brass hook and a band of leather to keep it from coming open.

Here's the rig installed on my rifle.

All in all, it seems like a well thought out and well made sling. I'd recommend it, and plan to buy another one.

Posts: 546 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 29 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Urodoji:the leather makes the sling smell like a Dominatrix.

Big Grin

Posts: 339 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a classy looking sling!!!

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got one of these slings just before my African trip-of-a-lifetime this year, and it was a perfect mix of functionality and classy tradition. It looks even better now that it has a few miles and bloodstains on it.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I like my Murray Leather sling from Aledo TX it's simple,classy, and works.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwm:
I got one of these slings just before my African trip-of-a-lifetime this year, and it was a perfect mix of functionality and classy tradition. It looks even better now that it has a few miles and bloodstains on it.

Same here.. I've had mine since about???? Can't remember.. Several years and at least three Zim/Zam hunts.. Only drawback, over time the rubber backing strips dry out and crumble off.. Doesn't effect performance, works just about as good or just as good as when new.. I tossed the keeper.. Just seemed redundant and gets in the way..

MopaneMike

Posts: 1110 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I say stay away from Butler Creek. In cutting corners they did not run an edging tool and it leaves a sharp edge--very shoddy workmanship.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bushnell owns Butler Creek I just learned--certainly no quality to be found in Bushnell products of today.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I have always liked my Browning Buck Mark Western Stitch leather slings. In addition, I have had great luck with the Allen Cascade neoprene rifle slings for all of my all weather rifles. Recently I purchased a number of Winchester Cobra all leather rifle slings for many of my Winchester rifles from a company in Canada. Workmanship was impeccable!