New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooting Sticks
 Login/Join

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
I used a set of shooting sticks from Long Grass Outfitters http://www.long-grass.com on a recent hunt in Namibia. I found them to be the most comfortable shooting stick I've ever used. They are made of oak, and take down for travel. You can get a full description of them on their website. My P.H. on the hunt felt they were among the best shooting sticks he's come across in his many years of guiding. Of course, I left them behind for future clients to use.

one of us
Picture of Joel C
posted Hide Post
I bought a pair to practice with---they'll go with me next year to Africa.

I was impressed with the solidity of them.

Posts: 130 | Location: Ripon, WI | Registered: 09 November 2000Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Practice is definitely the key to using them with confidence. The first time I used them I thought there was no way I'd be able to shoot with them. I stuck with it though, and after several trips to the range with them, they became very comfortable to use. I don't know how I ever did without them.

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Had mine for a month or so. Love them. Need more practice,always need more. Best I have ever
used.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of AKJD
posted Hide Post
Mike416Rigby,
Thanks for leaving them, they worked well for me.

JD

Posts: 323 | Location: Fairbanks AK | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote