New
Find
Notify
Tools

SHOT Show Feb 2,3,4,5,2008
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who is going to Las Vegas for the 2008 SHOT Show at the Las Vegas Convention Center? This is really a worthwhile visit, our credentials came from our dealer for working gun shows for him. http://www.shotshow.com click on Exhibators to see who'll be there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
me!!!

As a rep for one of the firearms magazines I write for. I think John Taffin and I will drive down together...ten-eleven hour drive time from Boise. He hates airplanes almost as much as I do. If I ain't behind the stick...I'll only ride going to Africa.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of aktoklat
posted Hide Post
I will attend again for the 12th time in 13 years. Super Bowl Sunday is going to really load up the hotels and checking in and getting to airline gates is going to be slow.

Focus on the leading edge!

Posts: 453 | Location: Louisiana by way of Alaska | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is the shotshow open to the general public?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Norseman:

Since no one else will answer your question.....theoretically the SHOT show is open to the "trade" only, but "trade" covers a pretty broad area and they are not all that strict about enforcing it. If you've got an FFL, you can get in, or if you know a friendly gunshop owner with an FFL, he can get you credentials. If you know anyone who is either a sporting goods manufacturer or major distributor, they can get you in or finally, if you are a sporting "writer" and can get a letter from the local newspaper or some kind of magazine, you can probably get in. It is worth going to, but be advised that most things you see are samples and not for sale at the show. There are often some "I don't want to ship this home" bargains at the end of the show however. Obviously to buy any firearms (there are thousands of non-firearm items tho) you will have to have a FFL copy to ship it to. Hope this helps.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
easiest way; get your buddy at the gunshop where you spend all of your money to cut you a letterhead request for credentials as an employee that the store wants to send.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you.
I'll see if sportsman warehouse will help me. I am after sxs shotguns in 16 gauge. Too bad Ruger quit making the Gold Label.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you looked closely at the CZ SxS's?

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I expect to be there for my first Shot Show. Plans should firm up in the next few weeks.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2933 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote