The Accurate Reloading Forums
Ecco Shoes--warranty not so good

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7421043/m/4371050152

02 April 2019, 23:09
carpetman1
Ecco Shoes--warranty not so good
Several years ago I bought a pair of Ecco boots and there was a problem with the chemicals they used to make the soles and the soles crumbled. I had paid about $250 and they allowed $230 warranty. The replacement boots were $230 and by then I had bought Whites Boots which I liked much better, so the replacement ECCO were almost not worn. After having them several years I decided to wear them, but their Ecco emblem on the back of the boot had deteriorated and left a hole. This second pair sent back, clearly their fault but they only allow me $150 for replacement. That's not standing 100% behind your product. Certainly not Leupold or RCBS quality customer service. No more Ecco for me unless this next replacement pair also falls apart.
16 April 2019, 20:00
Saeed
I thought all boots are guaranteed for one year only??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
23 April 2019, 02:46
carpetman1
Saeed--Ecco has some exceptions to the one year, if certain things happened, it was not fault of aging. In this case the failure was clearly an Ecco problem.
09 June 2020, 21:07
carpetman1
Rest of the story: With the reduced credit I was allowed, I got some desert type chuckas (suede). I wear size 10, but their 10's were way too big. Exchanged for 9's and they too were too big. Bought inserts to take up space and now fit fairly close. They were formerly made in Sweden I'm told. Now made in China--so marked. I would not buy another pair of Ecco's.