New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range Finders?
 Login/Join

posted
Hey guys,
I just wanted to get a idea of which range finder works the best for most of you, im looking for a new one but I didnt know if I needed another one, right now I have a Leica 1200 yeah I think its a 1200, I cant complain but sometimes in bad weather it just want range right, and I really dont want to waste like 4500 or more on a Leica Vector Series which is what the Military uses and I know I dont need or wouold use something like that for the cost, anyways let me know what works good for you and out to atleast 800 yards, deer or elk size... thanks

Posts: 5 | Location: OakRidge, TN | Registered: 11 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Xbuster1122:
and I really dont want to waste like 4500 or more on a Leica Vector Series

You talkin about $4,500.00?

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Sworovski. it will cost you about $800 but it will be one of the most accurate rangefinders you will ever use, and it will be very accurate out to 1000 yards.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello;
I just got the Bushnell Trophy, because I was curious if these things are of any use and I had enough Home Hardware points that it wouldn't cost me any money.
If you're archery hunting or shooting gophers with the .22, fine, but other than that, it's a piece of shit. I can range round bales out to over 400 yards, but various colored horses and cows at extended distances don't register, so I don't expect there's any hope for Elk or Deer. the best performance I got was in the city, where I could range buildings at fair distances, which is wht you'd get if you stepped outside the dealers and tried it. The activating switch is difficult and tiring to operate. The ratings on Bushnells other models aren't significantly better so I wouldn't expect much more from them. Maybe other makes are better, but right now I'm from Missouri.
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am very pleases with my Nikon 440 for both rifle and bow hunting. Only limitation is 10 yd minimum detectable range, and optics do not function well in low light conditions.