New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vice grips--Irwin Tools
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
You can give an A+ for customer service for Vice Grips by Irwin Tools. Needed a spring for a pair of pliers that BTW I bought at a garage sale for 10 cents. I called them and they said let us send you a new spring FREE. Is that all you need? How about a spare? You can buy cheaper locking pliers Chinese Specials--but I doubt you'll get that kind of customer service.

Posts: 3804 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Received the springs promptly as stated they would do. Great customer service.

Posts: 3804 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
As much as I love their product, unfortunately, they have offshored production to China.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went on a quest a while back to find a pair of made in U.S.A. vise grips and could not find any. The original Vise Grip Co. got sold and sent off-shore. Ended up buying German, they are ok but not made here. The originals have almost a cult following, look at prices on e-bay.
C.G.B.

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I have 2 ten inch pliers and 1 six inch version as well as a four inch set still new in the box they came in, I believe the four inch set is about 35 years old.

Steve E.........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I work with a guy who uses 10 or more pair sometimes . His reasoning is buy from Harbor
Frieght they trade them in if they brake.
cost less in the begining.

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote