New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bug A Salt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Probably borderline toy, but a good one. If not familiar google Bug A Salt and see videos. This gun uses table salt and you get about 80 shots a filling. It kills flies and other bugs up to about 3-4 feet away. It does it without splattering them. I'm having a ball with mine and would like to hear other reports.

Posts: 3797 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bought one for 2 of the grandsons (7 & 9) and they are having a ball with it

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just learned they have a new model, Beta so I have one on order. If I like it better, will give my other to my grandson that has twin sons that are 7, I'm sure the three will enjoy it.

Posts: 3797 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Good info -- I have been wondering about them! I will stay tuned for further developments! Smiler

Thanks,
John

Posts: 126 | Location: Right here, for now! | Registered: 03 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got the latest 3.0 beta. It's almost the same as the older 2.0. On the 2.0 the safety came on automatically when you cocked it and had to be placed in "fire" position every shot. The newer version has a slide safety and stays in same position. I like that better. Can't tell any difference in power although the newer one is supposedly stronger. Neither one incapacitates a wasp--they are meant for flies and do a number on them. Gave my old one which was all but new to my grandson. They do not show the newer one on their site but you can call them order it. 310 870 6942.

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I have an older version from 1.5yr ago. Works well! I have been using large crushed black pepper or reloading cupcake sprinkles for a buckshot effect. Works great

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
They work good on Spiders!!! Cool

Posts: 2323 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote