New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help--Andersen windows
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are Andersen windows worth the extra cost?

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I can't compare them to anything but our older aluminum windows(never again). They are vinyl clad wood, double pane, double hung windows. They are 25 years old. A new coat of paint inside and you'd say they were new.

Posts: 6379 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 20 year old double hung and never had a problem. In my area they are the most popular window installed in new or renovation builds.

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
The higher end of Anderson’s product line is absolutely worth the money.

I’ve been equally satisfied with the higher end Marvin and Pella windows.

The last time I checked, Marvin had a shorter leadtime on custom orders.

If you want the top end of high-performance custom windows take a look at Woodstone

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1214 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are Andersen windows worth the extra cost?

I would think that the answer depends on where you live. Here in Florida, close to the ocean, windows don't seem to last that long before they get some fogging. A less aggressive climate might be gentler on windows. There are also zoning requirements.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
This I can say about Anderson Windows. They are aggressive marketers! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
X 2. They are constantly advertising on the radio. I have never bought their product so I can't say. They do claim to be the best thing since sliced bread. Thermal dbl. panes are a great savings in utility bills.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did lots of research. Anderson were priced way above what they are worth.
I settled on Sierra-Pacific Windows.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote