The Accurate Reloading Forums
Help--Andersen windows

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7421043/m/2281069442

22 August 2018, 21:56
carpetman1
Help--Andersen windows
Are Andersen windows worth the extra cost?
25 August 2018, 02:23
richj
I can't compare them to anything but our older aluminum windows(never again). They are vinyl clad wood, double pane, double hung windows. They are 25 years old. A new coat of paint inside and you'd say they were new.
25 August 2018, 17:11
J_Zola
I have 20 year old double hung and never had a problem. In my area they are the most popular window installed in new or renovation builds.
28 August 2018, 00:09
TREE 'EM
The higher end of Anderson’s product line is absolutely worth the money.

I’ve been equally satisfied with the higher end Marvin and Pella windows.

The last time I checked, Marvin had a shorter leadtime on custom orders.

If you want the top end of high-performance custom windows take a look at Woodstone

All We Know Is All We Are
15 October 2018, 06:45
Peter
quote:
Are Andersen windows worth the extra cost?

I would think that the answer depends on where you live. Here in Florida, close to the ocean, windows don't seem to last that long before they get some fogging. A less aggressive climate might be gentler on windows. There are also zoning requirements.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;
07 August 2020, 07:31
Use Enough Gun
This I can say about Anderson Windows. They are aggressive marketers! Big Grin
07 August 2020, 10:12
NormanConquest
X 2. They are constantly advertising on the radio. I have never bought their product so I can't say. They do claim to be the best thing since sliced bread. Thermal dbl. panes are a great savings in utility bills.

Never mistake motion for action.
22 December 2022, 20:17
Bob Nisbet
I did lots of research. Anderson were priced way above what they are worth.
I settled on Sierra-Pacific Windows.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.