Find
Notify
Tools

Hero 3 HD Silver Edition Camcorder
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted
I just got one of these babies last week and I am loving it. I got it solely to be able to ride horses and film what I am doing at the same time, but after learning more about the camera, it would be wonderful for any sort of outdoor activity. They come standard with a waterproof case that you can even use to scuba dive up to 60 meters. Rugged and high quality pictures. I've been riding with mine for a fair bit, and there's no "shake" to the pictures at all. Also, they are priced very reasonably. Can't say enough good things.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking of getting one of these so was glad to read your report. I had a request for feedback on the photography forum before I noticed your report.

A concern I had was battery life between charges, was wondering what your experience has been.

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
for full 1080p hd resolution you are looking at about 2 hrs, which coincides with what will fit on a 32 gb card. You can get the battery backpack add-on and double that. Many people just buy extra batteries. The accessories are reasonably priced as well.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
I recently bought the black. Taking video at things beyond 25 yards leaves me longing for a zoom feature! If it had this, it would be tops!

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

Posts: 668 | Location: WA | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
that's the reason i sold mine. these things are designed for close up work only. beyond 25 yards, the image is too small and there is no way to zoom it. i don't want to film my feet

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How is the sound? I have heard that they don't record audio very well. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lack of zoom feature is what has stopped me from buying one ATM.

I have been taking some video with my camera
around home and driving just to see how it goes.
For what I need for a bit of footage out bush,
it should be fine.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
I bought mine to film horses while riding them. For my purposes, it fills a void previously unfillable. Customers can see what my hands and body are doing, and what profile of the horse I see, timed with what my hands are doing. Must say that I did wear it while out riding and filmed a bunch of wildlife, including about 200 ducks that I got within 60 yards or so of. When I went to watch the film, you couldn't see a thing but blue sky. Nothing is perfect. Gotta compromise at times. FWIW, you can narrow the focal view from nearly 180 down to like 120 and finally 90. With each step down, you gain some focal length to film farther away.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Daniel

Certainly fits the bill for you and what you want to show.

The sentence above about filming wildlife sums up why I haven't got one yet. I am playing with the video on my normal digital camera for the time being.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I purchased the hero3 Black edition.

I've enjoyed it immensely.

I've downloaded the i-phone app and can control it from my phone.

For what it is, it works great.........

one more........

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very good indeed.

Thanks for posting.