New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game-Vu digital camera
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone tried this "trap" camera? Its distributed by Nature Vision of Brainerd, Mn. Would like to know if resolution is satisfactory and whether it has a card or disc that can be carried in to the computer to download.

Posts: 13229 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek, I myself don't own a Game Vu but I have a couple of hunting pals that do.
They are a very cool tool.
They don't use a card, disc or film, all the photos(up to 64)are stored internaly and can be viewed immediatly with a small hand held TV and RCA jack which comes with the Game Vu System package. The 2003 model systems come with a monocular for viewing.
They make zero noise and use no flash with they capture an image. They use PIR "passive infrared".
On the downside, they have a short range(25'-30')for day and around 15' at night.
They eat batteries, 6 AA's will last about 5 days but you can hook them up to a small 12v battery with an adapter and they'll go for weeks.
They also have an adapter cable so you can download the photos onto your computer.
They are great if you want to see whats visiting your different game feeders or food plots.
Not a good choice to just hang on a tree in the woods unless you know that it's on a game trail.
Let me know if you need anymore info or want the best price I've found on the web.
*Nut*

Posts: 268 | Location: God's Country, East Tex. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Stonecreek,

I've got a webpage with info and reviews on game cameras that might be of help to you at

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/cams.html

The Game-Vu pics are just too fuzzy for me and the range is extremely short.

Posts: 424 | Location: Kali-fornya via Missouri | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote