New
Find
Notify
Tools

Danner boots
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just picked up a pair of Danner Umpqua boots at the factory and was wondering if anybody has an opinion on these.

one of us
Picture of aktoklat
posted Hide Post
Danner makes my favorite hunting boot. They are comfortable from the first time you put them on. When you finally wear them out you will hesitate to throw them in the dump as they are like saying goodbye to an old friend.

Focus on the leading edge!

Posts: 453 | Location: Louisiana by way of Alaska | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had just the opposite experience. Danner boots hurt my feet so bad that I cannot wear them. Meindl boots, on the other hand, do not hurt my feet, and I can wear them.

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of the pronghorns and have been very pleased. I had to order one size larger though. They require very little break in. Lots of the military guys I know equate Danner boots to cold weather boots. They have all to a man been very happy with the boots.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
Feet are like fingerprints - No two are alike.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by almostacowboy:
Feet are like fingerprints - No two are alike.

That's very true. Unfortunately, for many of us, there aren't any store that readily stock hunting boots. For some the only option is mailorder and then it's nice to have the feedback of some real users.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wore the Danner boots today on opening day of deer season. They kept my feet dry in the rain, had good traction, and weren't too heavy.
The EE width fits me better than their D width even though I wear D width in every other boot I've had. I think they'll be winners.

one of us
posted Hide Post
the only brand of boots i can take out of the box,walk miles and they feel like tennis shoes, most comfortable boot made IMHO.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I got my first set of Danner Proghorns 2 years ago. They are the best boots I have ever got. They are pretty light also. Im hopeing they will last and not come apart before they are worn out. The last boots I had the soles cracked or split and warter and mud got in . The rest of the boot was in great condition, what a waste of money.

I desided to get a beter quality boot for more money and I heard Danner were good.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When God was putting me together, he asked and I quote: "So how many inches do you want? I figured to myself, go big or go home, so I replied with a smile, 15 inches!

I sure wish now I knew he was talking about my feet. I were size 15 2e to 4e depending on what Im using them for.

My choice in hunting foot wear is EXTREAMLY limited, so what I am using at present ic Cabelas Outfitter Series boots that are I am quite sure are made by Danner. Thay have gone on two elk hunts and countless turkey and deer humts and have served me superbly. I will definately buy another pair.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Picked up a pair of Danners and I was impressed. Like slippers on my feet. I'm on my feet walking 5-8 hours a day. Liked them so much, I went and bought a second pair. Been wearing them for 6 months and I gotta say they look almost new after a good cleaning and surface treatment.
The soles will wear out before the tops do. From what the manufacturer says they can be resoled.
Anyone ever done this?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The last time i checked they wanted $120.00 for new soles and heel cups all my danners have gone in the trash I buy rockys now and love them.

Gary

Posts: 44 | Location: portland Or | Registered: 03 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just had my 12 year old Danner Canadians reconditioned. Danner has several different reconditioning packages. I asked for the $90.00 deal which included - Replace midsole,
Replace outsole,Repair stitching as needed,
Replace hardware as needed,Recondition and clean leather. I could not believe the job they had done when I got them back. They even did additional work above this package. I would consider them to be 95% of new. These boots had been worn very hard for the past 12 years. I highly recommend this service if you have a pair of Danner boots you might think there is little or no hope for. I believe you will be pleasantly suprise with what they can do.
Scott

Posts: 978 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two sets of Danners. Both sets are nearing 15 years old. No break in required with either pair. One set are low cut the other are tall. They have carried me over 10500 foot passes in Wyoming’s Rockies and through the rain forests of Washington. I don't have a complaint they have done more than I expected from them. They are still via able boots and I still use them.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
I've got a pair of Danners I bought 30 years ago when I lived and hunted in Wyoming. Best pair of boots I have ever owned and I'm reasonably sure I can get a few more years out of them and then it will be time to have them rebuilt. Do I like my Danners? Oh Hell yes.

99% of the democrats give the rest a bad name.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote