New
Find
Notify
Tools

No loaning
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
When I was young and naive an older friend told me he never loaned his wife/girl friend or his motor vehicles. I asked him why. He said because they could throw a rod in either one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We must be from different generations. My guy told me he never loaned out his wife or his guns. But if I wanted to mount a deer head he WOULD lend me his taxidermy books. Wink

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1043 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I had a "friend" that had some heavy equipment that I could use to do some grading on the property. Well, it took me about a week to make all the repairs on the equipment to make it useable, but before I could use it he came + took it back. Never again!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago I had a neighbor borrow my lawn edger tool. He broke it and returned it in pieces. No apology or offer to fix or replace. That was 30 years ago and he still pisses me off.

(my dad said if you borrow it you must return it in better condition than you got it. Clean, sharp, and full of gas if it has a tank.)

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1043 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I loaned out my wife it would be like when I was a young kid-------NO BACKSIES !!! Big Grin Roll Eyes Eeker

Hip

Posts: 1794 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
About 12 yars ago I had a dealing with a "friend" of mine who was a welder + I needed a awning over my bay doors. I had a brand new 'Rigid' power washer that I had payed $400.00 for that I would trade him for the awning. Job hadn't started but he needed the power washer right away. Dumb ass me; O.K. After a few months Jim was moving + I asked him about the awning/ power washer, etc. + he said that as soon as he got it from me he loaned it out to a buddy of his who said it never worked right, even after he took it all apart. So I asked Jim," O.K., just pay me the $400.00". but he said he didn't have any money as he was moving. So I told him to bring me the frame + box of parts + he did, with no appolgie or a thought that he had done anything wrong. I just threw everything in the dumpster, everytime I saw the parts I just got pissed again.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Favorite hat/bumper sticker: "I don't lend money because it causes amnesia!"

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, if there is someone you never want to see again, loan him 20 bucks.