New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lawyer joke
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A bunch of lawyers were sitting around the office playing poker. “I win,.” said Johnson. Henderson threw down his cards. “That’s it. I’ve had it!” Johnson is cheating!” Phillips asked, “How can you tell?” Henderson said, “Those aren’t the cards I dealt him.”

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
hilbily

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a lawyer and unfortunately, there are a lot of bad actors out there. Mostly the plaintiffs' TV lawyers, and plaintiffs' lawyers in general. But you know, there are only two lawyers' jokes.
The rest are true stories.

Posts: 10001 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
True enough. There does need to be some semblance of public prosecution + defense. It's sad that it's taken such a nosedive from reality. Even Shakspere said "The 1st thing we do is kill all the lawyers" is an indication that this dislike is not new. It's quite simple really; no one wants anyone to have the power to steal from him either his freedom or possessions.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I frequently tell clients that no one likes a lawyer until he needs one.

Posts: 10001 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
I frequently tell clients that no one likes a lawyer until he needs one.

Add to that, how much can you pay ? Big Grin

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just get that retainer agreement signed each and every time and you're on your way. . . . . rotflmo By the way, I had a law partner eons ago tell me: "Don't trust your client." I thought, how odd. But it's come to prove itself true many times over the years. Big Grin Clients have a habit of telling their lawyers just what they want the lawyer to hear, and not all of the facts. Unfortunately, all of the truth usually comes out in the end, whether they want you to know it or not. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
99% of lawyers give all of us others a bad name.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
99% of lawyers give all of us others a bad name.

I'm so glad that I'm in that one percent with you Mr. Robinson! Big Grin Sounds like it's better than my Martindale Hubbell AV rating! tu2 Big Grin rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
It is easier to find an atheist pope than an honest lawyer! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66928 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jumping tu2