THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Clocks forward: "Once more with feeling!"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clocks forward: "Once more with feeling!"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted
Due to Congress failing to complete the process, "Sunshine Protection Act of 2021" so far has failed. We will still "fall back" another time.

Also, regarding the banner -- remember Loof Lirpa!

[New Server Alert: Monday 13 March we will migrate to a new server. If things seem wrong please be assured we are working to resolve any issues. As it was said on Jurassic Park: "Hang on to your butts"]

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Using the logic of Daylight Saving Time I am turning off all my clocks so it is forever Saturday.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why don't they come up with a week with two Fridays and no Monday?

Posts: 3804 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ahh once again enjoying the little benefits that come with being a Bum.
my clocks stay on DST all year round.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Just leave us on Daylight Savings Time, please!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard that they were going to do so, not sure if that is true.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So everyone is good with high noon being being about 1:30PM or so

Posts: 267 | Location: Tampa | Registered: 01 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
When I was in my third year of law school, I filled my quota of credit hours with two classes that met only on Mondays and Tuesdays.

I had a five day weekend.

I never went to class, graduated nonetheless, and have still not managed to recover from that fabulous Nirvana of a single semester.

We need lifetime savings time!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13385 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I was in my third year of law school, I filled my quota of credit hours with two classes that met only on Mondays and Tuesdays.

I had a five day weekend.

I never went to class, graduated nonetheless, and have still not managed to recover from that fabulous Nirvana of a single semester.

41 years ago, I did the exact same thing my last semester in law school. I felt like an outsider, since I was hardly at the law school while my classmates finished their credits. I had gone to summer school for two summers and had taken some courses that put me with only two, two-hour elective classes my last semester. Funny that we had nearly the same experience! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Great minds think alike!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13385 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is plenty of good reasons for standard time. Get rid of daylight savings time.

Posts: 10599 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here in Saskatchewan Canada we have not changed our clocks for decades. Glad to see the rest of the world begin to join us and get rid of that silly practise.

Posts: 233 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 24 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It 1st started in 1908, but really increased in popularity during the build up for WW1. I understand that the state of Arizona does not use daylight savings time. Good move on their part, as well as another pet peeve of mine. I their wisdom, they insure the driver, not the vehicle, while here in Texas we are forced to insure every car we own, simply because the insurance companies have lobbyists to keep the status quo. And here I was thinking that the congressmen were supposed to be working for the best interests of the people.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longwalker:
Here in Saskatchewan Canada we have not changed our clocks for decades. Glad to see the rest of the world begin to join us and get rid of that silly practise.

Not enough people in Saskatchewan for anyone to notice. rotflmo

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somehow that reminded me of a joke about a Canadian who frequented a local brothel upon occasion + the girls were talking, + one comments on the Canadian who has SWAN tattooed on his member, + this other gal says, kinda dreamily, "It's not swan, it says Saskatchewan".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the mid 80s I worked at a place that maximized daylight working hours by starting at 7 am during daylight savings time.

Time change was in early April, I could steelhead (lake run rainbow trout) fish for almost an hour, and hit the time clock in my hip boots. Then one year the time change was moved into March. Good bye a few quality hours of fishing.

Then I heard on the radio, that Kingsford charcoal was boasting how cheap the lobbying was to move the time change ahead. Thus began a life long boycott of Kingsford charcoal. I have done fine barbequeing without, and my boycott has not been noticed by them. None the less, there is a principle involved. Raw chicken before Kingsford charcoaled chicken.

Posts: 289 | Location: Western UP of Michigan  | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Serves you lot bloody right!

Humans evolved from apes in Africa, where there is very little time difference between winter and summer.

Your ancestors ran off north, and this is what you get! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great minds think alike!

Yes indeed, my friend! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy,

I'm not Canadian!

Hip

Posts: 1823 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please use the proper vernacular. I am not Canadian, eh?

Posts: 289 | Location: Western UP of Michigan  | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I live toward the other end of Canada! QUI?

Hip

Posts: 1823 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speaking of tattooed members, in the book "Hellraisers" one of the stories attributed to the actor Oliver Reed, was that he had a parrot tattooed on his shoulder + the claws on his dick. When he was drunk (which was always) at some Hollywood party, he would show off his parrot + then ask if they wanted to see the perch.