Notify
Tools

Dallas Cowboys
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted
are the punchline!

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
How would you like to be a Rams fan??? They are just pitiful.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
at least it's safe to drop your soap in the Rams shower now...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not an admirer of Romo to start with, but I think his back injury has really affected him more than he and the Cowboys thought. He just didn't look like the old Romo today.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Looked like the Cowboys, though. Danny White had stats but it was one FG attempt or interception after another...

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whatever.....I really don't invest any ego in pro-sports of any kind. If the Cowboys win, that's fine and may help the local economy, if they lose, no big deal to me. However, when you travel around the world, when asked and you say you're from Texas, often the first thing you hear is "Dallas Cowboys".

All that said, IMHO, the biggest problem by far with the Cowboys on field performance is the owner. However, he has made their economic performance amazing.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went out to my brothers house yesterday for his bd and he was watching them. He finally admitted the best thing was their cheerleaders.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sam is a potential step up for the Cowboys.

Posts: 10007 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Whatever.....I really don't invest any ego in pro-sports of any kind. If the Cowboys win, that's fine and may help the local economy, if they lose, no big deal to me. ".

All that said, IMHO, the biggest problem by far with the Cowboys on field performance is the owner. However, he has made their economic performance amazing.

Pro sports is entertainment. Nothing more except for the owners and players, for whom it is the goose that lays the golden eggs.

How anyone can brag about their local pro sports teams is beyond my ken.

If they were locals playing as a team against other urban teams of THEIR OWN local talent, either paid or not paid, it might be a genuine source of pride to win a pro championship...or even just have a winning season.

But with 40-60 mainly non-locals per team playing there only because of their contract money, where exactly is the pride in that if you're not an owner or part of team management?

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would root for the Iranians if they were playing the Cowboys or Aggies.

Posts: 10150 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:

That's funny! Wrong but still funny!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend told me that the reason Ft. Worth doesn't have a professional football team is because if they had one, Dallas would want one also.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 930 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jerry Jones is running a business. It has very little to do with winning a Super Bowl. He wants to just keep making money. I was a huge Cowboy fan when Roger was throwing. I lasted through the Aikman years. They finally wore me out being satisfied with 8-8, and finding novel ways to lose. I wouldn't go to a Cowboy game now if you gave me the tickets.

I'm glad they picked-up Sam. They need help in every department. I think he's one highly motivated individual, and a hard worker. He may be the only gay player, but he may also be about the only highly motivated, hard worker on the Cowboys team. Everyone seems to be satisfied just drawing their million dollar paychecks. The only hope the Cowboys have is if Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett both wander off somewhere, and take Tony Romo with them.

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 kensco.

Posts: 10007 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:

That's funny! Wrong but still funny!

Hey, hey, hey now. Gig 'em anyhow.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tony Romo has not been worth a crap since Jessica Simpson dumped him years ago.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where is Tom Landry and Dandy Don when we need them???

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The last 48 hours looked like a blast from the past. Dallas all over the Saints and Drew Brees, and the Chiefs blew away the Patriots and sent Tom Brady to the bench. Who'd of thunk it!? Parity rules!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dallas all over the Saints and Drew Brees,

The Dallas offensive line is something. Hope they don't beat the Texans too bad.......

Our offense is pretty weak!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looked pretty damned impressive, except for several penalties and fumbles, in their victory over the reigning superbowl champs tonight!
one and five!!!!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pagosa--

That would be 5 and one------there is a difference

jumping

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know they are trying to suck me back in, but they played like the Cowboys of old today. (That place kicker is solid gold.) Everyone contributed in a big way today. I kept expecting Wilson to make a big play down the stretch, or the Cowboys to give up a big play, but not today. Well done!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sean Russell:
Pagosa--

That would be 5 and one------there is a difference

jumping

I can't help that I'm cixelsyd. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Celebrating his win I guess.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.co...ged-with-theft.html/

I don’t get it. They make millions of dollars, but steal $150 worth of crap. Sounds racist, but sometimes I think that if you’re black, it doesn’t matter how much money you have, you still “think” poor and steal every chance you get. Think Jameis Winston. He has a million dollar payday in front of him, and he still stuffs crab legs down his pants. Funny, but sad.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess the other players accept Sam. I do think the center is glad Sam is not a quarterback.

Posts: 3804 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Dallas Cowboys...

...are making me eat my words -- which is good!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
this isn't funny anymore...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Six and one, damn right it ain't funny. It's the way it should be!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Dallas Cowboys got rid of Mr Sam. Wonder if they thought he sucks?

Posts: 3804 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wished he had made the team. He would be one motivated SOB I suspect. Seems at the moment the Cowboys are doing everything right. More power to them.

I would like to see Sam succeed. Being an award winning college player doesn't mean you can always make the NFL (Tebow), but it doesn't mean the experts are always right either (Flutie).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
I wished he had made the team. He would be one motivated SOB I suspect. Seems at the moment the Cowboys are doing everything right. More power to them.

I would like to see Sam succeed. Being an award winning college player doesn't mean you can always make the NFL (Tebow), but it doesn't mean the experts are always right either (Flutie).

Why him so particularly? Who cares?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
The Dallas Cowboys got rid of Mr Sam. Wonder if they thought he sucks?

jumping

That's a good one!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems like they made Division Champs! HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, those cowboys are on a roll, and at the right time of the season. How about them chiefs!!? Playing just good enough, once again, to break your heart. Guess all I can say is GO GREENBAY!!

Posts: 217 | Location: SW of Dodge City | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nashcat
posted Hide Post
Brag all you want about your team. At least we get the first round draft pick. jumping

Go TITANS!

Posts: 331 | Location: MiddleTennessee | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
And if all'yall pu$$ies would man up you could be playing Rugby with the rest of the English talking world!!!
Its like stockcar racing instead of bumpercars ie a contact sport.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Roughly 20 minutes into the match, he was caught at the bottom of a rather aggressive ruck, and an errant French boot found its way into Shelford's groin, somehow ripping his scrotum and leaving one testicle hanging free. He also lost four teeth in the process. Incredibly, after discovering the injury to his scrotum, he calmly asked the physio to stitch up the tear and returned to the field before a blow to his head left him concussed. He was substituted and watched the remainder of the game from the grandstand where he witnessed the All Blacks lose 16–3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Shelford

one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
True "play":
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB...04575002852055561406

quote:
According to a Wall Street Journal study of four recent broadcasts, and similar estimates by researchers, the average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL game is about 11 minutes.

In other words, if you tally up everything that happens between the time the ball is snapped and the play is whistled dead by the officials, there's barely enough time to prepare a hard-boiled egg. In fact, the average telecast devotes 56% more time to showing replays.

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Dallas Cowboys...are back to the beginning of this thread.

One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
..and look like they may have a chance to take a wild card spot!

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Hallelujah!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BNagel:
Dallas Cowboys...are back to the beginning of this thread.

Damn, you're a pretty fickle supporter, you don't even wait until the game is over with. Go Cowboys!

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
That's how they do ya! (Hallelujah!)
Remember the Danny White days? Ughhh.

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Mountain cedar pollen overwhelm-->prednisone-->horrible stuff-->sorry.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, they pulled it out after a horribly disappointing first half. Still in it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
DeMarcus Lawrence's "Leon Lett moment" nearly blew it. Great that he was able to administer the kill-shot in the end. Redemption!

One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
"How you like me now?" - the Referee

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote