New
Find
Notify
Tools

That Is A Good Reason
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
An elderly gentleman drove his brand new Corvette convertible out of the dealership.

Taking off down the road, he floored it to 90 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little gray hair he had left. Amazing, he thought, as he flew down I-20, pushing the pedal even harder.

Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a state trooper behind him, lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120. Suddenly he thought, What am I doing? I'm too old for this shit, and pulled over to await the trooper's arrival.

Pulling in behind him, the young state trooper then walked up to the Corvette, looked at his watch, and asked for the man's license and proof of insurance. He then said, "Sir, my shift ends in 15 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a reason for speeding and evading arrest that I've never heard before, I'll let you go."

The old gentleman paused. Then he said, "Years ago, my wife ran off with a state trooper. I thought you were bringing her back."

"Have a nice day, Sir," replied the trooper.

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I had a buddy that says this happened to him in colorado when he was doing well over the speed limit + when the H.P. pulled him over + asked for his reason for speeding, if you don't want a ticket; Wesley just spouted out. "My wife just called + said that if I'm not home in 20 minutes, she's fxxking somebody else."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
True story from my LEO days.

I clocked a car at 92mph ( 2 lane 55mph rd) two days before Xmas. Roads were in decent winter driving condition but it was dark out about 630pm.

The car pulled over and the women driver was just hysterical crying, could hardly talk.

After getting her calmed down she told me she was coming from a local resort.

Where her family was suppose to spend the holidays.

Any way the husbands girl friend must of got tired of waiting for him to leave his wife. So the girl friend shows up and tell the wife who she is.

The husband choses the girl friend.

The wife takes the vehicle and heads for home a 100 plus miles away.

So I have a nice talk with her telling her the dangers of driving so fast in the dark.

Then I tell her you know if you get your self killed.

Your husband will not have to get divorced, keeps all his money and the kids. Well live happily ever after with his new wife.

You well not get half of everything he owns.

She looked at me with new life in her eyes.

I said now if you promise to drive the speed limit I well not give you a citation.

She said she would drive the speed limit.

I told her to have a safe trip and drive safely.

Away she went.

Posts: 19362 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a Solomon!

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I had a buddy who tells the story that he couldn't get his wife pregnant so he needed to bring in a semen sample so he was hauling ass to the hospital with this little jar in his waistband + got pulled over. Embarassed to explain it but WEH he told the cop why he was speeding to which the cop started laughing + said, I believe you, I had to do the same thing myself.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:

Away she went.

Me hat's off to the Duke...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2 rotflmo clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With that happy thought, scroll back for a bit about the divorcee losing the house + the shrimp. GREAT story! It's not my story but if no one can pull it up I will attempt to tell it again. It is sweet.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:

I clocked a car at 92mph ( 2 lane 55mph rd) two days before Xmas. Roads were in decent winter driving condition but it was dark out about 630pm.

The car pulled over and the women driver was just hysterical crying, could hardly talk.

After getting her calmed down she told me she was coming from a local resort.

Where her family was suppose to spend the holidays.

Any way the husbands girl friend must of got tired of waiting for him to leave his wife. So the girl friend shows up and tell the wife who she is.

The husband choses the girl friend.

The wife takes the vehicle and heads for home a 100 plus miles away.

So I have a nice talk with her telling her the dangers of driving so fast in the dark.

Then I tell her you know if you get your self killed.

Your husband will not have to get divorced, keeps all his money and the kids. Well live happily ever after with his new wife.

You well not get half of everything he owns.

She looked at me with new life in her eyes.

I said now if you promise to drive the speed limit I well not give you a citation.

She said she would drive the speed limit.

Away she went.

You ever think the man had a damned good stack of certified reasons for leaving that obvious psycho?

I’d have locked her up tighter than a frog’s anus for longer than a Congo summer.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13386 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A lot of things ran through my mind.

I firmly believe I did the right thing.

I had have enforcement contract with thousands people of through out my career.

One gets to read them fairly well.

Posts: 19362 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you made the right decision.