New
Find
Notify
Tools

The zoo.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was at a zoo recently when I noticed an unusually large crowd near an enclosure.
There was a two ton hippo on one side of the cage, and a small mouse in the middle of a concrete slab.
The crowd gasped when the saw the hippo slowly ambled towards the mouse, I guess they thought it was going to become a pink smear.
Instead, the hippo stop, looked down at it, looked across the cage, and moved a little to one side.
Its enormous foot came back, then he gently kicked the mouse, which rolled across the cage and disappeared into a hole in the corner.
Cameras were flashing, texts were being sent worldwide, an even the media was being formed.
Seems nobody had seen a hippo pot a mouse before.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was Norman Conquest's pet Hippo.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Confused

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1504 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Never seen a (Hippo-pot-a-mouse) before. Say parentheses'd phrase fast. Yeah, took me a bit to realize the joke, too.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Boys bring your popcorn if you're interested. bob still seems to have an ax to grind,although I have no reason why. That's O.K.I love to play chess.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo