Find
Notify
Tools

Husband calls wife
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Husband’s call:

"Honey it's me. I don't want to alarm you but I was hit by a car as I was leaving the office. Paula brought me to the hospital.They have checked me over and done some tests and some x-rays.
The blow to my head was severe. Fortunately it did not cause any serious internal injury. However I have three broken ribs, a compound fracture in the left leg, and they think they may have to amputate my right foot."

Wife’s Response:

"Who is Paula?"

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They do look at it in a different way.
Molybdenum is a metal used in alloys like tool steel ,also in products like molybdenum disulphide lube. Hard to pronounce or spell it's often shortened to Moly.
At a social event with a bunch of us metallurgists and wives we got to talking shop. A NO_NO but we did .The problem with moly was important ! One of the wives heard us mention again and again - moly. She came over and not in a happy mood asked " Who's Molly ??" Thinking it must be a new attractive secretary !! Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yep. I have a metal shop so I do understand. I also have 2 ex wives who did'nt.No great loss except the guns + money.If I ever get a wild hair to get married again I hope that a true friend will kick me in the ass.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted Hide Post
quote:
.....I do understand. I also have 2 ex wives who didn't. No great loss except the guns + money. If I ever get a wild hair to get married again I hope that a true friend will kick me in the ass.

+ MANY!!!

NO COMPROMISE !!!

"YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!"

Posts: 683 | Location: L A | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote