New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHAT DO PEOPLE FEAR MOST
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Two magazines, Country Living (95.99% white readership) and Ebony / Jet (99.99% black readership) did surveys on "WHAT DO PEOPLE FEAR MOST?"
The results were interesting, to say the least.

Country Living magazine's top 3 answers:
1. Nuclear war / terrorist attack in U.S
2. Child/spouse dying / terminal illness
3. Terminal illness self

Ebony / Jet magazine's' top 3 answers:
1. Ghosts
2. Dogs
3. Registered mail

No Kidding! These are the people who elected Obama, what would you expect !!!!

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I usually tell people never to send anything by registered mail, since most assume it's bad news, and won't collect it.

Better to use a courier.

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
H-U-M-O-R

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Savage_99:
However, there is no evidence that any of the publications mentioned in the message have ever conducted such a survey. Moreover, although they are published by the same organization and share a website, Ebony and Jet are in fact separate magazines not one

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/peo...ar-most-survey.shtml

Try a sense of humor. Ever heard of one?

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, there is no evidence that any of the publications mentioned in the message have ever conducted such a survey. Moreover, although they are published by the same organization and share a website, Ebony and Jet are in fact separate magazines not one

Do others take you so seriously? bewildered
This is the "humor" thread. Humor = funny, amusing.... stir

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ebony / Jet magazine's' top 3 answers:
1. Ghosts
2. Dogs
3. Registered mail

That is Funny! and True

Posts: 1845 | Registered: 01 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe, but why do they have the same website if they are such distinct entities?

http://www.ebonyjet.com/jet/

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, there is no evidence that any of the publications mentioned in the message have ever conducted such a survey.

And a priest, a minister and a rabbi never walked into a bar together but the stories of them doing so are usually funny. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no idea where most of you that are rading this live let alone wear you grew up, but I was born nad raised in Illinois and have worked there all my life.

I am a elctrician, and years back when I actually worked, I worked quite often on sundays. There is little on the radio in the way of good music on early Sat or Sun so I would channel surf. Nearly All of my R&R stations would have programs on financial in nature geared towards making money or investing and a few were about how to stay healthy.

The stations that were formated for African Americans I did not spend much time patronizing because the few times I did they had on programs geared on how to avoid paying your bills on time and NOT get penalized no less!!
I am not BSing here, I actually heard one of the radoi stations like WGCI or someone similar have a guest on saying that all you have to do is send in your payment by personal check but do one of the fallowing:
#1-Fill out check compleatly but do not sighn it
#2-do one ot the other but not both by writing the doller amount out and not the number amount

And the speeker claimed you most likely will not be made to pay a late fee as you made a good faith effort to pay it and it will take at least a month for the company you owe money to send you a letter informing you of your error and requesting you send another check.

Granted Im sure a few other ethnic groups have done this as well, but in 30+ years of listining to the radio I have never once heard a radio satation whos target audience is obviously white or predominently white ever feature a program or show on how to avoid paying your bills and not get smacked with a late fee.

Grant you I heard this program back in the mid 90s and with payments being made by phone these days this scam might not work, but it was alive and well back when I heard it.

If you realy wish an eye opener if they are still on, find a radio station whos target audience is obviosly AA is featuring a segment on how to forstall your impending home forclosure for as long as possable, and you will most likely be left speachless by the overwhelming beleif that these people feel they are absolutely entitaled to be bailed out and their homes saved by we fellow tax payers $$$

I simply could not beleive what I was hearing when theses programs featured callers who bought homes waaaaaay beyond what they could afford with home lones even a compleate idiot would know at some point will cause economic ruin for them if they for any reason could not make their monthly nut for even a few months.

Bottom line:

No government program no matter how much money it has will help some people because;

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID, YOU JUST CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!