Find
Notify
Tools

The Lone Ranger & Tonto.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted
The Lone Ranger and Tonto were at the saloon drinking, when in walks a cowboy who yells, "Who's white horse it that outside?"
The Lone Ranger finishes off his whiskey, slams down the glass, turns around and says, "It's my horse. Why do you want to know?"
The cowboy looks at him and says, "Well, your horse is standing out there in the sun and he don't look too good."
The Lone Ranger and Tonto run outside and they see that Silver is in bad shape, suffering from heat exhaustion. The Lone Ranger moves his horse into the shade and gets a bucket of water. He then pours some of the water over the horse and gives the rest to Silver to drink.It is then he notices that there isn't a breeze so he asks Tonto if he would start running around Silver with his bedroll blanket to get some air flowing and perhaps cool him down.
Being a faithful friend, Tonto starts running around Silver, fanning that blanket. The Lone Ranger stands there for a bit then realizes there is not much more he can do, so he goes back into the saloon and orders another whiskey.
After a bit a cowboy walks in and says, "Who's white horse is that outside?"
Shaking his head, slowly the Lone Ranger turns around and says, "That is my horse, what is wrong with him now?"
"Nothing," replies the cowboy, "I just wanted to let you know that you left your Injun running." shocker

Posts: 2024 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snort! Smiler

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh no ... I didn't see that one coming !!
Ha!!!

Posts: 343 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:

x2.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1580 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GROAN!!!!! Beautiful......

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1045 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I think I heard that about 50 years ago. Still funny.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Actually it might have been a little longer, I heard Jimmy Dean tell it on the stage at the Grand Ol' Opery + he was the top dog of the day after his #1 hit "Big Bad John". So that would make it early 60s. He introduced a new kid on guitar by the name of Roy Clark. Regardless, still a funny joke.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote