New
Find
Notify
Tools

funny or not
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a long, long time.
So she went to check it out. She went to the Western Wall and there he was walking slowly up to the holy site.

She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes when he turned to leave using a cane and moving very slowly she approached him for an interview.

"Pardon me, sir, I'm Rebecca Smith from CNN. What's your name?

"Morris Feinberg," he replied.

"Sir, how long have you been coming to the Western Wall and praying?"

"For about 60 years."

"60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"

"I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the Muslims."

"I pray for all the wars and all the hatred to stop."

"I pray for all our children to grow up safely as responsible adults and to love their fellow man."

"I pray that politicians tell us the truth and put the interests of the people ahead of their own interests."

"How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"

"Like I'm talking to a fucking wall."

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Not much different to those who actually pretend to talk to god! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, I don't know, Saeed, some folks, take George Patton for example, truly believed that he was as a supplicant talking to God in his prayers.
That being said, I think that anyone who says their prayers to God should not be judged as pretentious, but hopefully sincere. In their own heart, they know the difference. I know, I know! Humor column, I will get off of my alter looking soap box. Big Grin

Posts: 4103 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I gave no problem with anyone believing in their chosen God.

My problem is when they tell me they actually talk to him and he talks back!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, I agree with you completely. Back in the days when we were doing A.C. service calls, I developed a theory that was quite true concerning the paying of church customers by their religion. The Presbyterians + Methodists were the best pay, always sent a check when the bill arrived. The Southern Baptists never paid on time since they had the theory of 'once saved, always saved' so why pay? The Catholics would eventually pay, but when they did, they tried to make you feel guilty for taking the money. Well, I'm sure that I have now pissed off many for milking their sacred cow, but this is a truism that was learned from several years of dealing with them all.

Posts: 4103 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't drink alone. I have a pretend buddy that I talk too! He does not bitch at me for drinking, not taking out the garbage, doing things that the wife tells me to do, he never complains or talks back. He is close to being a God!

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote