New
Find
Notify
Tools

The gambler
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A guy goes to Las Vegas to gamble.... And he loses all his money. He doesn't even have enough for a cab, but he flagged one down anyway. He explained to the driver that he would pay him back next time and gave him his phone number, but the driver told him, "Get out of my cab.

So he walked all the way to the airport and got home. Some times rolls by and he decides to go back to Vegas again and this time he wins BIG. He gets his bags and is ready for the airport with all his new winnings. There are a line of cabs and at the very end he sees the driver from last time that kicked him out. He stood for a moment thinking how can he get his revenge on that driver. So, he gets in the first cab. "How much is it to the airport?" He asks. The driver says, "$15" "Great, how much is it for sex on the way there?" The cab driver says, "Get out of my cab." So he goes to the next one and asks the same thing. "How much to airport?" "$15" "Great, how much for a sex on the way there?" And that cab driver also tells him to get out of his cab. He does this all the way down the line of drivers, each one kicking him out. He finally gets to the last driver, the one from his last trip. He asks, "hey how much to the airport?" Driver responds, "$15" The guy hands him $15 and says "great let's go" And so the driver leaves, slowly passing all the other drivers who are staring out their window while the guy in the back smiles back with a thumbs up.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Revenge is a dish best eaten cold. Big Grin

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drove for EL Farmer & CO of Odessa Tx several years. Bill Ferguson owned it then. Single with a little dog. He wanted to rent a room at the motel across from the yard. "no dogs in the rooms!" He bought the motel and fired the clerk, had his dog in the room.

At breakfast next door. He saw me and came to sit on the next stool so we could talk. He ordered egg's, They came not as ordered. Sent them back the third time. Complained to the cook: "that's how I make them if you want egg's that's it".
Bill went to the old man checking. They agreed on a price, Bill wrote a check and called the cook over: "hey asshole, I just bought this place:
"YOU ARE FIRED" Get out of my cafe now."

Amazing, and true. That was about 1968 or 69.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote