New
Find
Notify
Tools

Humanism
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The man stands on the railing of the bridge with a stone about his neck. The woman with the package runs to him and yells:
- Man, wait! Wait!
- Well?
- Here, take the kittens !

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
shocker faint Good One!!

Posts: 2024 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dead-on Vash! Thanks

I remember about 63 years ago in Clovis, New Mexico trying to sell a box of kittens. Rode my bike to the Zoo thinking they might buy them. (Guess I won't ever be five again.)

Rode all the way back home with the box and the kittens. My dad loaded me up in the car with my box and cargo. We drove to the other side of town, saw a kid walking along the rode. My dad stopped, rolled down the window, and offered him $5.00 if he would take the kittens. Sold in a heartbeat. We were headed back home and my head was still spinning, trying to figure out what just happened.

Lessons in life. Know your market, and cut your losses.

I've been looking for that man standing on the bridge railing a number of times in my life.

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
a kid walking along the rode. My dad stopped, rolled down the window, and offered him $5.00 if he would take the kittens.

Probably this guy subsequently worked at "Blackwater" or something like that. In general, where kill for money.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
True story here. Several years ago a neighbor lady called me on Christmas eve saying that she understood that my cat had kittens + could she buy one.Seems she had promised her daughter one for Christmas but when the SPCA found out she had a dog they would not let her have the kitten. She was desperate. I had my mouth open to tell she could have them ALL for free when she says "I'll give you $75.00 for one!" O.K.,good offer,happy kid as well. Next year a friend came over from east Tx. (all dirt,no rocks) wanted some rocks for landscaping.I told her,sure take all you want,I want them gone. She insisted on giving me $40.00 for those rocks. The point here is that I have now done it all. I have sold kittens + rocks.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ah that's it! And, Norman, what happened to those kittens, $5 , 60 years ago?

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry,but we seem to have a translation problem agenda. I answer to your question,I assume that they grew up to be cats.But rest your soul;no one in this capitalist country would throw away a money maker.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
60 years later I would assume the kittens grew up and died.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
60 years ago cats were "The OTHER WHITE MEAT" in my neighbourhood..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dhufish:
animal

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dhufish:

I'm scared to ask you about white people.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
??? Must be lost in translation.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once had five puppies I wanted to give away. Advertised them on a local "Trading Post", free to a good home; no calls. Two weeks later advertised them as Shepard-Collie mix, companion pups, $25 each. Wish I had had 100!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
??? Must be lost in translation.

Dutch

You see, in some parts of the world cannibalism is thriving still. Those over 60 years ago. And if there ate cats - so I suggested that they could eat something else. Because I don't khow about what region respected forum member dhufish talked. In his profile region is not specified.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Confused

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a short attention span. What I wouldn't give now to be sitting at Coco's in Perth enjoying the Perth skyline, Swan River and eating one of Coco's killer dhufish plates.

http://www.westvalley.com.au/

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah well, Kensco, there you go upside down. But I also would like to be in a slightly different place, not where the night +1 degree Celsius.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:

quote:
I have sold kittens + rocks.

Now that is impressive! Would you be willing to join my marketing team? You don't even need to know what it is. You can sell anything.

Posts: 10007 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I assumed that this guy on the side of road "My dad stopped, rolled down the window and offered him $5.00 if he would take the kittens" was Norman (state and age coincides approximately), but Norman did not understand my hint.