THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    The Old Lady and Her Puzzle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Old Lady and Her Puzzle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As many of you know I have an affinity to work with puppies, children and (unknown to most) the elderly. Last night I get a call from an elderly neighbor lady needing help.

A sweet silver-haired lady calls me and says, "Please come over here and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get started." I asked her, "What is it supposed to be when it's finished?" The lit...tle sweet aging lady says, "According to the picture on the box, it's a rooster." I decided to go over and help with the puzzle. She lets me in and shows me where she has the puzzle spread all over the table. I studied the pieces for a moment, then take a look at the box, then turn to her and say, "First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster." I then take by her hand and say, "Secondly, I want you to relax. Let's have a nice cup of tea, and then," I said with a deep sigh,

"Let's put all the Corn Flakes back in the box."

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must say this is probably funnier to a 30 year old than to a 60! Good one at any rate. Smiler

Posts: 217 | Location: SW of Dodge City | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As mentioned, I appreciate the humor, but it is too close to home to really think it's funny.

I have a good friend whose wife, still very attractive and in perfect physical health, at this point barely knows who he is, can't eat with a knife and fork anymore. A terribly sad situation.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I had good friend on another site who was in his 80's. He suffered a serious stroke, his son in law let us know and said he would not be back. His handle was "Max". Some time later, a few months maybe, we got a new member by the name of "Half Max". He couldn't post much but he was all there, sense of humor fully intact. The moral of the story, to me, is there can be be humor in almost all situations, it's a tonic for what ails us and those of us not yet quite there .

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
as some may know, I moved back to san angelo a couple yrs ago... since ive moved back, ive lost several close friends... I didn't move back here to watch my friends die, but I'm glad that I was able to share a few more visits with them.. I recently found out that a college/hunting buddy was diagnosed with cancer and is in hospice...and he's only a year older than me.... I'm glad that I'm still able to visit him...I still go visit several friends that have altzheimers.... they may not remember my name, but the glow is still in their eyes, as they recognize me in some capacity... but I still remember them...we talk like old friends....and I just might bring back a good memory to them....I wish them peace and no pain....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2825 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote