Notify
Tools

QUESTION
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How much dirt is in a hole 3'x3'x3'?

Hip

Posts: 1790 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
None!

Hole be empty by definition.

Posts: 378 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
One Square Yard Of Air>> beer

Posts: 2024 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Square yard?
That has to be American maths, in the UK the volume would be cubic yards.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK---How much dirt does it take to fill a hole 3'x3'x3'?

Hip

Posts: 1790 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
O,K. What weighs more, 1 lb. of lead or 1 lb. of feathers? You'd be surprised how many wrong answers. I had an alcky buddy years ago that had all these barroom contests to play for drinks.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How many drinks did you buy him?

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5934 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Foxhunter223
posted Hide Post
quote:
O,K. What weighs more, 1 lb. of lead or 1 lb. of feathers? You'd be surprised how many wrong answers. I had an alcky buddy years ago that had all these barroom contests to play for drinks.

When I was in High School, back in the 60's. Was a bloke got around the Pubs and would make bets for beer he could put a lit match into a bucket of petrol. Of course many would take the bet. He would then take them outside to his utility and in the back he had a container ( bucket ) of petrol. The bucket was sitting in a larger container of dry ice so the temperature of the petrol was below its vaporization point. He would then place a lighted match into the petrol. No vapour no ignition.

Pete Smiler

Posts: 231 | Location: Northern NSW Australia | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AND THE ANSWER IS--------You can't fill up a hole, you can only make it bigger or smaller! coffee

Hip

One of Us
posted Hide Post
wait?
the UK still uses yards?

Posts: 4957 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George, I never bought him any drinks, he was just a joy to sit back + watch. He had one where he would put a pool cue on the table + them show that there was no way a ball could go under it + then take bets that he could, without touching the cue stick. He always got takers. He would set up the cue on the bumpers + then for affect, move the ball back + forth to build suspense then roll the ball under the pool table. One that I used to do but took a lot of practice was to take my Buck folding hunter (carried in my back pocket) + while flipping a coin into the air, pull the knife out of my pocket + open it one handed + hit the coin before it hit the ground. I would bet that I could do it 9 times out of 10 + could too. I asked an old man (ex carny) that I worked with if he wanted to bet + he said those words of wisdom, "NEVER bet with a man at his own game."

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK---Talking about a cube-----How many sides to a cube?

Hip

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lamar, real English people never stopped using the old measurements.
It was mostly the ones who were too weak to stand up against the EU that embraced metric.
Sadly, some of us were not given much choice.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Square yards are AREA----Cubic yards are Volume!

Hip

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hip, how many sides to a circle? (inside + outside) Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The answer to sides of a cube are 8---the usual six plus like a circle, inside and outside!
killpc

Hip

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Philistines! HA! Most folks have forgotten even their basic math; I know I am guilty of it strictly by using a calculator to do sums that I always did before in my head. However Being in the sheet metal business, the geometric lay out of fittings are a necessity that can not be emulated by a calculator. Sad to say that now there are now CG machines that can build anything I can (while they are functional). Mine is a dying trade; mores the pity when so many are ignorant to learn.