New
Find
Notify
Tools

The plane crashed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The plane crashed and landed on an uninhabited island. The only survivor was sitting under a palm tree, eating a bone, when he saw rescuers, frozen in terror in front of him and a pile of human bones behind him.
- I know you hate me for what I did. But I had to fight for my life! I had to survive alone on a desert island!
The commander of the rescue:
- Of course, I understand, for the life of man is capable of anything...
But, fucking plane fell out only yesterday!!!

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
planes do not "fall out" Vashper, they crash.

But, funny...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, this knowledge is not useful to me...

these words are not synonyms? We have as it is not accepted that the words in a literary text was repeated. "crash" is already in the title, so normally selected some synonyms.

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vashper:
Hopefully, this knowledge is not useful to me...

dancing

Damm funny!! I am going to use that line tomorrow in staff meeting.

Posts: 551 | Location: utah | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Close enough, Vashper. In writing, it is referred to as style. We each have our own unique style, especially you.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
True that one Brice! Big Grin I was just up in your neck of the woods fly fishing the Skagit and North Puget Sound for Pinks and Dolly Varden and the Kalama for Steelhead. Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
"Fall-out" is more related to a Saturday night in Texas, when you're done drinking in the local honky-tonk, and attempt to leave the premises.

"Crash" is the term used to explain what happened to you on the way home, whether you arrive home in one piece, or not.

"Crash" also refers to what you do if you are lucky enough to make it home in one piece. You will attempt to "crash" on the bed. If you attempt this in the dark, there is a 50-50 chance you will miss the bed.

In the off-chance you drove a car to the honky-tonk, but arrived home by plane, you've probably "crashed" somewhere along the way.

If you hear the words "fall-out" in a really stern voice, you probably joined the military at some point during the night, and somehow missed the command "fall-in", which would have occurred at some point earlier.

Based on my experience, best just to try to sleep it off, and hope you wake-up with someone you know.

Posts: 13760 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Geez guys, it should not be that difficult to interpret " plane fell out only yesterday!!!" to mean " plane fell out of the sky only yesterday!!!

Keep them coming Vashper! Smiler

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7757 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are my hero Vashper!

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote