The Accurate Reloading Forums
Great Bear Lake

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7221043/m/9111017061

12 August 2011, 20:44
Navaluk
Great Bear Lake
On my way to GB and Tree river in Canada. Flights suck so I thought I would fish around for stories from those who have gone before.
22 August 2011, 09:28
Navaluk
Sitting in another airport on the way home. Good trip, took my 74 year old Mom since her Dad, my Grandpa fished Great Bear in the 60s and 70s.
I caught 52 Lake Trout with the biggest being 40 pounds. Spent 2 days fishing Arctic Char up north on the coast. I got 7 the biggest was a Male in full colors that weighed 21 pounds. I got measurements and photos to get a replica of the char. Fun trip for us.
24 August 2011, 23:18
Mikelravy
Sounds great I need to get a char or two sometime.
11 April 2012, 16:02
eezridr
I remember reading the stories about Great Bear and Great slave lake fishing as a kid just as you in the 60's and 70's. Glad to hear it is still "alive".
Was it a fun trip (accomidations, guides, etc)? obviously great fishing. Curious why they have stopped advertising these trips...

EZ
12 April 2012, 19:09
Navaluk
They still advertise. There is only one outfitter for all of Great Bear. Plummer's.

They have a web page. I wish I could master the photos here because it's fantastic country.

It was fun to fish the lake I heard about when I was a little kid. I can still remember my Grandpa's stories of fishing the lake in the 60's.

Do a search for Plummer's lodges. They also outfit Slave Lake but I have no experience with that lake except its right at Yellowknife.