THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FISHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Nature, Animals, Space And The Sea  Hop To Forums  Fishing    Top quality Alaskan fishing recommendations

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top quality Alaskan fishing recommendations
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking to maybe take some non-hunting family to Alaska. Figured fishing would be the next best thing. Looking for any suggestions on top quality fishing and lodging for salmon (and halibut). There is a lot of info out there. Hopefully you guys can help me trim it down to a few top lodges. thank you

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are looking to get away from the crowd checkout Lisianski Inlet Lodge at Pelican Bay Alaska. I actually have not fished with them , I booked a trip but my daughter got pregnant, very inconsiderate, and had to cancel. Have a lot of sheltered water and you are not elbow to elbow.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stay away from the Kenai. great fishing but a third world slum would feel less crowded.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Northman56751
posted Hide Post
On the Kenai.........all depends upon what you mean crowded! My wife and I were there this last June at one of our destinations and fished Seward, Homer, the Kenai and then did a fly out. A lot less crowded then I thought. I would say that the fly out was probably the most crowded due to people flying in to view bears, but even that wasn't that bad. Was a great place........all inclusive, private chef, etc. Price isn't bad either.

Brett Mattson
www.hosted-hunts.com
E-mail: brett@hosted-hunts.com
Cell: 218-452-0774
Life Member NRA

Posts: 258 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For halibut my suggestion is to fly to Dutch Harbor. 80-100 pound fish are the normal instead of the exception.

Posts: 282 | Location: Foothills of the Rocky's | Registered: 04 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took my son to Alaska Sportsman Lodge on the Alaska Peninsula. It is all river fishing, so no halibut. It is an incredible place. We fished in early August. We caught lots of silvers, but also caught rainbows, dolly varden, grayling, sockeye, pinks and chums. I have fished lots of places but that was my all time favorite. The guides, food and lodge were top notch. We almost returned this August, but we are chasing tarpon instead.

Here is the link.
https://www.fishasl.com/

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1283 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Blue Devil:
I took my son to Alaska Sportsman Lodge on the Alaska Peninsula. It is all river fishing, so no halibut. It is an incredible place. We fished in early August. We caught lots of silvers, but also caught rainbows, dolly varden, grayling, sockeye, pinks and chums. I have fished lots of places but that was my all time favorite. The guides, food and lodge were top notch. We almost returned this August, but we are chasing tarpon instead.

Here is the link.
https://www.fishasl.com/

this looks really nice. Thank you for the suggestion. Didn't book anything yet but now really want to get something planned. It would be me, my son (11 yrs old), nephew (11 yrs old), and grandfather.

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
If you do decide to fish the Kenai check out Nanilchik Charters. We have fished with them three times abd have had great times.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3811 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote