New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lake El Salto Bass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My wife and I just returned from a 3 1/2 day bass fishing trip to Billy Chapman's Anglers Inn on Lake El Salto. We caught over 125 bass on the trip. Here is a picture of the suite of rooms we stayed in as well as our two biggest bass. mine is 10 lb 4 oz and my wifes is 10lb 12 oz.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whoa! Nice fish!!

How were your surroundings? Did you ever feel uncomfortable in Mexico? Been lots of negative activity there.

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anglers Inn meets you at the airport and drives you by van to the lodge about 1 1/2 hrs north of Mazatlan on a four lane express way. No problems ever encountered in over 20 years of operation. My wife was concerened to start but after the trip she said that she fely perfectly safe and welcome in mexico. As long as you are not a drug lord or federally your safe.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Nice BASS!!

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
WOW! Outstanding! Congratulations on a fantastic trip! tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
I gotta go there some time.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just south of me they've been finding mass graves of over 160 people that felt safe. They kidnap foreign travelers, families pay the ransom, but they're never heard from again. At the present time Mexico is one of the most dangerous countries in the world for a foreign traveler. Our own state department advises against traveling in Mexico. We have a couple of good bass lakes on the border in Texas, but it's not safe to fish them.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What you say is mostly true but almost all of the danger lies along the US-Mexico border. Avoid the border area and it isn't much more or less dangerous to travel in Mexico than in Washington,DC or Detroit.

465H&H

One of Us
Picture of Cheshire
posted Hide Post
We have a place at Del Rio and we fish Amistad every time we go. My boys even went to run with the bulls in Aqunia. (sp) that area is not so bad. I have heard it's because the old men in Aqunia do not tolerate foolishness from the druggies.

Last time we were there was July 4th and caught 28 keepers in about 3 hrs.

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, hearing the old ones wail, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters, while riding his gelding.”
Genghis Khan

Posts: 174 | Location: Saratoga, Wyoming | Registered: 28 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cheshire:
We have a place at Del Rio and we fish Amistad every time we go. My boys even went to run with the bulls in Aqunia. (sp) that area is not so bad. I have heard it's because the old men in Aqunia do not tolerate foolishness from the druggies.

Last time we were there was July 4th and caught 28 keepers in about 3 hrs.

I have a friend here in Nampa that spends his winters at his place in Del Rio and fishes Amistad. He speaks very highly of it.

By the way, the wife and I are off for another trip to El Salto on the 23rd!! Whoopee!

465H&H

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great Be sure to post a report

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

We are off to El Salto in the morning and will be fishing by the afternoon. Look for a report on our return next weekend.

465H&H