Picture of Fjold
posted
My Mother is the regular at Gaviota Beach but we took a trip
>there to start my grand daughter out.
>
>Ready at the rail
>
>
>Hook Up! (That's great Grandma in the background)
>
>
>
>
>Papa and me with my first fish
>
>

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Nice! Way to get her started early! clap

Do ya'll eat the rays and skates? About 25% of the guys here cut the wings off and use them like scallops. The rest of us cut them loose (with or without spine removal).

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations -- way to start them out right.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
We uaually give them away to people there. There are alot of people who make "scallops" out of them with cookie cutters. I know of a number of seafood restaraunts who were busted for this.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Frank,
Good going with your daughter, but I'm just as impressed with your mom. She looks like she knows what she's doing out there. I used to really enjoy fishing with my grandmother. Fish would jump in the boat just to meet her.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote