New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eleuthrea DIY bone fish?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wife thinks this is the place to go. Anyone been there? Time of year? Did you have fun?

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i spent 2 weeks there at Cape Eleuthra on the south end of the island 30 years ago. fantastic out island experience but i was scuba diving. plenty of bone fish flats scattered about, though. if you really want a DIY bone fish trip, consider New Caledonia( i realize it is a LOT farther!!). i went there 5 years ago on a Rusa stag hunt then spent 10 days touring around the island in a rental car, fishing and diving. the bone fish flats on the north end are positively massive, loaded with bones, and all are accessible by just wading from shore. be forewarned, though, that almost no one speaks english- french is the language. if you can't catch a bone on a fly there- well, you can't catch one anywhere.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a coincidence. I saw this yesterday, hope it helps. http://diybonefishing.com/bahamas/eleuthera/

Bob

Posts: 1280 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys I appreciate the input.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
wherever you go on Eleuthra, make sure you travel agent flies you into the nearest airport!. when we went, we flew into the airport in the middle of the island( hell, i thought it was the only one),- AND HAD A $50 CAB RIDE TO THE SOUTH END!!!! plus $50 back to return....not to mention a 30 minute ride each way with a cabbie who thought he was Jimmy Johnson.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote