New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rod transport?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for recommendations on cases for transporting multiple 1 piece rods. I’ve broken to many guides and tips with them laying in the bed and over the tailgate.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny reb:
Looking for recommendations on cases for transporting multiple 1 piece rods. I’ve broken to many guides and tips with them laying in the bed and over the tailgate.

What I use for my high end popping and jigging rods

https://www.rei.com/product/63...AvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about a piece of plumbing PVC pipe?

Posts: 20067 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny reb:

What I use for my high end popping and jigging rods

https://www.rei.com/product/63...AvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Mike

I have an older model of the rod holder similar to that called a bazooka. Has a handle on one end and another in the middle, all molded in. Wheels on the opposite end make it easy to transport. It telescopes to fit your longest rod. Numerous international fishing trips, never any rod damage. It’s made by Plano IIRC.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13096 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heavy black ABS PLASTIC PIPE makes a great container. Cut to fit. Put a screw cap on one end and a sealing cap on the other. $15 solution.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Problem I always had with a commercial, full length rod locker was TSA. I experienced a broken rod (or two) almost every trip.

I built a 36" ABS rod locker, just as LB stated. I carry them on with me, thus eliminating the TSA un-supervised inspection.

Never a single issue since then. There are so many very, high quality travel rods available, no need to use full length stuff anymore.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3312 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote