New
Find
Notify
Tools

Key West tarpon charter
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone here have any recommendations for a charter company in Key West area? I am taking the wife to Florida in May, would like to do some tarpon fishing and also maybe bonefish on the flats. Got to do something besides lay around the beach, have sex and drink.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
There's also good bottom fishing and good deep sea trolling for wahoo, dolphin, tuna, and marlin, plus good kite fishing for sails. A lot depends on the time of the year. A good guy and a good deal are here:
http://www.southboundsportfishing.com/

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the help, I would like to try some deepwater fishing as well. For one thing, the dolphin, etc are darn good eating.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jstephens,

was down in Key West for a story this past Dec, I'm a writer, (at least some folks think so and if I keep them fooled i will continue to have fun,) and was able to fish with four different captains. We did everything from offshore kite to flats for permit, and mid flats for tarpon and shark and jacks and grouper-- the whole she-bang.

Of the four, Capt. Steve Impallomeni was the friendliest, worked the hardest, was the most fun. His price is average for the area. He runs flats boats as well as those speedy and seaworthy center consoles. He'll run to the Marquesas without any trouble and he will fish you all day.

Versatility, value, abilities, Capt Stevie gets my $$ the next trip, too. (Yes, the trip was paid for, not on the cuff.)

Capt Steven Impallomeni 305-292-9837

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote