New
Find
Notify
Tools

El Salto
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My wife and I just got back from a four day fishing package on Lake El Salto in Mexico. We booked with the Angler's Inn Company. I must say after hunting and fishing over many areas of the world, the service at this lodge was by far the best I have experienced. The staff was always super attentive to our wants and needs. They even included a manicure and pedicure for the wife. The women clients loved their stays. The food and guide were outstanding. We didn't do too bad for having very little bass fishing experience.

Fishing for big bass was superb. I caught a 9.4 and a 8.4 lb on the first morning. My wife's best was a 7.5. I didn't keep track, but I would guess we averaged over 60 fish per day between us. My top 15 bass weighed over 100 lbs. That would win most bass tournaments in the US. Here are a few pics of the trip.
Their web site is www.anglersinn.com.

The living quarters.

Eating area.

Your fishing boat.

7.8 lbs.

9.2 lbs.

9.4 lbs.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. El Salto has a very good reputation for spitting out lots of big bass.
Were there a lot of people fishing? Did you fly in or take your vehicle?

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bluefin,

We took the couple's deluxe package as an 45th wedding anniversary trip. So we flew into Mazatlan and stayed one extra day on the beach there. It was part of the package. The first two days there were only 6 fisherman but it increased to 26 with the arrival of a big party of 22. The lake is big enough that we didn't get into each others way.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So what lures worked? You had previously asked. Did you bring your own gear?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They sent us a list of what lures and equipment worked best there and we tried to follow their recomendations. We caught almost all our fish and all of those over 4 lbs. on 4" and 5" Sinkos
fished Texas or Wackie style. Watermelon and pumpkin colors worked well

465H&H