Notify
Tools

Cabo San Lucas-Pisces Sportfishing review
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted
All:

I just got back from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

(1) Full day of fishing with Pisces Sportfishing, one of the established and most expensive charter companies in Cabo. Eight-hour charter for billfish as the priority.

We never got more than a mile from the beach. I only caught one dorado that was lost when the mate let it jump off the gaff. It was absolutely the worst fishing trip of my life. Laziest crew I ever saw. Cost $800.

(2) Next day I went on a five-hour trip on a crappy little center console panga. I caught 8 really nice yellowfin tuna in less than two hours. That was fun. Cost $200.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I fished Cabo 2-3 times a year for 15 years starting in 1983( well before it became a jet set golfing/fishing destination). The pangas were always the best deal and this was back when they had no center consoles, just outboard tiller steered motors. You did just as well as the bigger boats and you are a lot more up close and personal with the fish.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13119 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting...
I fished Pisces twice (Tracy Anne was the boat)
Honestly.. I did quite well.
Truthfully though, the fishing there to me is not on par with other top destinations ( although I love Cabo)
Like many things..these fishing boat prices are going up up up too. Lucky you paid $800
Most places are more like $1,800 now

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We were there in march 2016.I went down to the dock and got half a day of fishing for $300.Just dealt direct with captains.Christen caught 13 tuna in 2 1/2 hours,then went whale watching as they were in the way while bill fishing.We did bring our catch home too.

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote