New
Find
Notify
Tools

Silver King Lodge Costa Rica
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The last AR entry I found on this property is dated 2006. Looking for some contemporary feedback on this lodge. Looking for a place to take my grandson for an all-inclusive multi-species trip.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have booked trip for April. Will give a full report then.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TWL:
The last AR entry I found on this property is dated 2006. Looking for some contemporary feedback on this lodge. Looking for a place to take my grandson for an all-inclusive multi-species trip.[/QUOTE

Silver King is pretty much just tarpon. The snook fishery is about gone. You can sometime get back in the lagoons and fish for the same fresh water jungle fish like mojarra, machaca,
etc.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
I have booked trip for April. Will give a full report then.

Mike

Mike,

Did you do the April trip to Silver King Lodge??

I was curious how it went.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1283 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
jdollar

Snook fished out?

No other salt water fishery worth chasing?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I fished the Rio Colorado river area from a different lodge 6 times over 4 years ( last time was about 3 years ago),ranging from March to Oct. never saw a snook. Was told by various guides that the snook were pretty much gone as a result of netting along the shoreline above and below the river mouth. For sure, the tarpon fishing is beyond belief, as is the light tackle fresh water fishing above town in the lagoons- but don’t count on catching a snook. Also if you are willing to spend time traveling offshore( from 3/4 to 1 1/2 hours) you can catch sailfish, wahoo, and dorado. Rarely done or encouraged by the guides but it is available.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote