Find
Notify
Tools

Once in a lifetime!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted
My friend wanted me to go fishing with him...we went out to an old farm lake with some hotdogs and two poles. 15 minutes after throwing the line in, while listening to "Hotel California", this channel cat strikes:

Those are some little bass a younger kid who came along with us caught.

We didn't know what it weighed, but we knew it was real nice for a channel cat. After making the rounds to the closest people we could find, I threw out my line the second time. As soon as we turned on "Hotel California", another one took the bait! Don't have a picture of it alone, but it's the longer one on the left.

It put up a heck of a fight. I let my friend have the pole after it surfaced and I saw it was just as big, if not bigger than the last. I jumped in the lake to go get it, as soon as I saw it, the hook flies out and goes zinging past my head. I guess the big cat didn't know what happened, he gave me just enough time to jump on him before it started struggling. I look like my hands went through a meat grinder but I hung on. Luckily I didn't pull a Steve Irwin with the spines...

Here's me and my friend. He's 6'4". Frowner

Of course we weighed them, with honest adults around. patriot

First one was real thick.

Second one was a bit longer and heavier.

I have the skulls drying with their mouths propped open, hopefully they will stay like that once everything rots off. All hot dogs were put on by my friend, he really is the "master baiter".

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
That's gonna be your theme song! Neat story, on a cane pole? Bet they taste good--and can feed the whole neighborhood!

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote