Notify
Tools

If you fish, this makes you shiver
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
I see a freezer fulla steaks down there. Smiler

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Here's what it looks like after you get it up on land.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Fire up the grill.
I won't be late. Smiler

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charles Mc Williams
posted Hide Post
fjold i see you have found my favorite Brook trout spot roflmao Charlie

Posts: 343 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
No shivering...by the time you get a big yellowfin to the boat you WILL be plumb WORE OUT. No shivering...just shaking from exhaustion!

Damn they are fun though!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CDH:
No shivering...by the time you get a big yellowfin to the boat you WILL be plumb WORE OUT. No shivering...just shaking from exhaustion!

Damn they are fun though!

Absolutely, I caught that 96 Lb'er on 40 Lb test with a 7' rod, stand up, on an anchored 115' charter boat. It took me 50 minutes and 8 laps around the deck.

Frank

one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
quote:
anchored 115' charter boat

Ouch! Even though we are rarely in 200' of water, we still chase them all. Getting them off the bottom is hard ehough, without having to get them up AND over to the boat. Most captains around here, even the big boat guys, will try to keep you on top of a big fish...too many tourists get pulled overboard I guess!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote