Find
Notify
Tools

Falcon Lake, TX bass!! (**PICS**)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
Just returned from my first trip to Falcon Lake. The fishing was very slow for us.....I believe mostly due to a combination of us having never been to the lake before and the water being cooled down a lot from the cold front that moved through last week (water temps ranged from 58 to 64).

My buddy and I only caught 16 fish total in 3 days.....however, I was blessed/lucky/fortunate enough to catch TWO double digit fish, both shattering my old personal best (around eight pounds). The largest was 11.15 lbs and the other was 10.20 lbs. I could not be happier with these two giants!! I have been an avid bass fisherman my whole life, and have always hoped to catch a double digit....but I NEVER DREAMED I would catch TWO of them within 48 hours!!

.....and believe it or not, the 11.15 was the very first fish of the trip!!

I felt a little guilty that my friend was not able to get himself a double digit as well....but he did catch more fish than I did, and managed a solid 7 lb. fish.

Here are some photos....I hope you guys enjoy. I will definitely be heading back to Falcon when the water warms up a little. I will also be getting replicas done for both of these fish....so if anyone knows a good fish taxidermist in the Houston area, please let me know. (I've never mounted a fish, so I have no idea who around here is good)

The largest bass of my life....11.15 lbs!!

The second largest bass of my life.....10.20 lbs!!

Falcon sunset....

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome fish. It's funny how that works sometimes. I took a buddy fishing and his first ever walleye was .5 lbs off the state record and three times as big as any I ever caught. Then one day I got 3 pbs in one day! Keep up the good work!

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now those are serious bass!!!!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Nice Bass!

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Say 465 How did your last trip to El Salto go?

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nice bass!! They've just started here. Tony

Posts: 19 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: 23 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NavyVet
posted Hide Post
Holy cow! I mean... bass! Fantastic.

NRA life member, thanks to Steve. Smiler

Running on empty...

Posts: 250 | Location: God's Country | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote