New
Find
Notify
Tools

Northern/western Ontario fishing?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm thinking of taking my son and grandson to Ontario this next summer to fish for walleye, pike, and whatever else wants to bite a hook. Knowing virtually nothing of fishing nor of the area, I could use some guidance.

It looks like the Perrault Lake/Cedar Lake complex NE of Vermillion Bay is a good place to try. Any recommendations of lodges, specific lakes, or guides in that area? We're not ready for a fly-in trip, just a drive-in lodge.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I know of a spring-fed lake in eastern Ontario that has some good Northern action in spring and it's loaded with bass, yellow perch and some rock bass and the occasional walleye.. It's about 90 minutes from the NY border. Send PM if interested..

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5099 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just noticed your post. Check out Silver Water Wheel Lodge on Lac Seul western Ontario. I'm going back for my fourth trip this summer. Great food, great fishing, great equipment and excellent guides. Last trip we averaged 80 walleyes per day over 18 inches. Big pike form August on.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to Lake of the Woods on the Ontario side. Or Rainy Lake. Either one.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Totem Lodge in Sioux narrows Ont. On lake of the woods, good food, boats, cabins and lots of fish.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote