Find
Notify
Tools

Go Devil Boat and Engine
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
Anyone ever have a Go Devil boat wit the traditional Go Devil engine?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36469 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
we used one a LOT to hunt the okavango delta - very noisy but incredible in thick grass and weeds ...

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
I do, mine is the newer surface drive edition. It is quite a bit faster than the older long tail types, and much easier to drive. The older version takes arms like Popeye to drive, and it's not very fast. The SD version is much easier and quite a bit faster. Also, much better on fuel consumption.

My old duck boat is a 20' 48" wide commercial aluminun boat, w 40 HP outboard. I could go no more than two round trips to the blind without refueling a six gallon tank. With the new SD, I can make four round trips to the same spot, at only a slightly reduced speed, still 30 mph via GPS, still a 20' boat, 48" wide, plenty of room for myself plus three other hunters.

Hardly any of the guys that hunt every day are still using the long tails. I am on my second SD, my brother bought my first, and is still running it. I use it year round, to fish the marshes also.

Any specific questions you have? Customer service is the best around - Warren Coco, the man behind GD, is always willing to help.

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 347 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote