THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FISHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Nature, Animals, Space And The Sea  Hop To Forums  Fishing    Any good and simple way to carry a half dozen fishing rods?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any good and simple way to carry a half dozen fishing rods?
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
When I take my kids fishing I also have 5 or 6 rods that I try to keep organized and together. Right now I put them reel down into a 5 gallon bucket, keeps them all together but they always seem to get hooked together and tangled at the top. It would be nice to get to the water and not have to mess around with that while everyone is waiting for their rod, so does anyone have a better solution? I've been thinking about making some disks from wood with slots in it that can sit down in the bucket, sort of a small version of a round floor mounted rod rack but just wondered if there are any other options as I can't be the only guy who has to keep his kids fishing rods organized and easily transportable. Thanks!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
I remember seeing a commercial for a rod caddy that was like a round floor rack but made of plastic and had a handle on one side so it could be carried like a suitcase.

EDIT

Found it. Here you go...
http://fishingrodcaddy.com/ord...s/fishing-rod-caddy/

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bas Pro, Cabelas and others have stuff that will work.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Macs B
posted Hide Post
I use plastic sleeves made from heavy mil sheet plastic that I use in my business, any durable fabric would work though. Cut a length 2/3 as long as the rod and about 8 inches wide, fold it over lengthwise and tape the side with duct tape. Slide it over the rod tip and then stack in the car or truck. No tangles, until the kids get them at the pond that is.

Macs B
U.S. Army Retired
Alles gut!

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 December 2009Reply With Quote