New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zancudo Lodge Costa Rica
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any personal experience with this lodge? It's across the bay from Crocodile Bay. The point of arrival is Golfito, via air from San Jose. It looks like the kind of place Crocodile Bay used to be.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
You will have a long haul to get beyond the bay to the offshore fishing grounds. And it’s not as nice as CBR if that matters.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13096 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We fished for 5 days with Zancudo Lodge in March 2017. The offshore bite was terrible, 1 sailfish in 2 days, and nothing else. We also fished inshore for 3 days. We did catch a lot of roosterfish, but no cubera snapper.

I thought the lodge, food and service were very good.

In Golifito and at San Jose airport we talked people that had fished with Crocodile Bay the same week. The Crocodile Bay fisherman also didn't catch much offshore that same week.

Since that trip, I've talked to several people that also had poor fishing results in both the northern and southern parts of Costa Rica. Personally, I've had much better luck in Guatemala and Panama.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1281 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only been to CBR once. As far as accommodations go, I'd rate them at about 3/4 star, nothing special. F&B were very good, and the staff and service were great. They couldn't have been more gracious and hospitable to my grandson and me.

As far as the fishing goes, we had long runs to the offshore areas from CBR, passing Zancudo as we went. The inshore fishing was great, literally within minutes of the dock.

I'm a newbie at the Costa Rica fishing game. Just looking for a new and viable adventure for my grandson and I. Always looking for a new experience and thought Zancudo might be a possibility.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote