New
Find
Notify
Tools

Off To Alaska
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
wife and I leave next Sunday for Valdez Alaska. Have a 36 ft boast chartered for the 16th, to go on a 15 hour trip for halibut and ling cod etc.
Then the 18 to 22nd we have a 24 foot boat rented to fish for salmon and halibut for 5 days...
Last time over there was two years ago. 1,000 mile drive from home..
Back on the 26th..

Watson Lake

Posts: 326 | Location: Watson Lake, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
! ! ! ENJOY ! ! !

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are back home, from our Valdez, Alaska Fishing trip..
The charter on the 16th was real good. wife caught a 141 pound halibut. Taller than her by a couple inches and weighed quite a bit more too.

Our fishing on the rented 21 foot woolridge with 150 HP honda for next five days was not so great. the boat was good but the silver (coho) salmon fishing was terrible. We only managed three silvers on the last day. I spoke to one fellow who has been filleting silvers at 1.00 each for 23 years. He had done 66 fish on our last day. Normally he does 1,000 a day. siad two years ago when we were there last he did 31,500 silvers and hoped to do 3500 this year. One commercial boat said he would usually get 300 silvers a set. that day he took 22 fish.
Silvers were 2 to 3 weeks late this year. People visiting Valdez were bailing out of there as fishing was/is so bad. I guess that is fishing..Still a good time..
Watson Lake

Posts: 326 | Location: Watson Lake, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
could one post a picture for me? Re trip...

I can e mail, a picture..

Thanks

Watson Lake

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
If it is a jpg, I can post it. My e-mail is in my profile.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote